Nutrition information per serving, 258 Calories; 81 Calories from fat; 9g Total Fat (2 g Saturated Fat; 4 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 53 mg Cholesterol; 284 mg Sodium; 19 g Total Carbohydrate; 3.7 g Dietary Fiber; 28 g Protein; 3.2 mg Iron; 6.4 mg NE Niacin; 0.7 mg Vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg Vitamin B12; 4.8 mg Zinc; 28.8 mcg Selenium.
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning blend
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
Safe Handling Tips:
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Dietary Fiber, and Iron.
1. Combine Marinade ingredients in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate 2 tablespoons for Sunset Salad. Place beef Eye of Round Steaks and remaining marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
2. Place corn and bell peppers on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; grill peppers, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, times remain the same) and corn 15 to 20 minutes (gas grill times remain the same) or until tender, turning occasionally. Remove; set aside to cool slightly.
Cook's Tip: One cup frozen corn, thawed, may be substituted for fresh corn. Heat medium skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until hot; add corn. Cook 2 to 4 minutes or until corn starts to brown, stirring frequently.
3. Add 3 to 4 additional briquettes to each side of fire grate to maintain medium heat, if necessary. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 13 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 17 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, to prepare Sunset Salad, chop bell peppers and cut corn kernels from cobs; place in medium bowl. Add tomato. Whisk reserved marinade and oil in small bowl until blended. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat.
5. Carve steaks into thin slices. Serve with salad.
Source: beefitswhatsfordinner.comOther recipes