- 1 beef Flank Steak (about 0,7 kg to 1 kg)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from chilies)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime peel
Give Flank Steak time to marinate in a mixture of lime juice, chipotle peppers and garlic before grilling. You'll love it!
1. Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Place beef Flank Steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight.
2. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (63°C) to medium (72°C) doneness, turning occasionally. Carve steak across the grain into thin slices. Season with salt, as desired.
Cook's Tip:Other video recipes
To broil, place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 5 to 8 cm from heat. Broil flank steak 13 to 18 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.