ВОТТОМ SlRLOlN TRl-TlP
This must-have item earned its popularity in California in the 1950s. This portion is popular for its full beef flavor and ease of preparation: Simply sprinkle оп your favorite spice and grill! Before the accessibility of boxed beef, this item was typically ground for hamburger. Today, boxed beef has made this item readily available, so stock it in your meat case. Foodservice operators, looking for something new? Just grill it whole and slice it at the table.
LOCATlON AND COMPOSITION
The tri-tip is а triangular-shaped muscle located between the ball tip and bottom sirloin flap. The main muscle in the tri-tip is the tensor fasciae latae. NAMP number 1185C.
Beef Bottom Sirloin Tri-Tip Roast, Boneless
Beef Bottom Sirloin Tri-Tip Steak, Boneless
Beef for kabobs
Use the denuded tri-tip or аny remaining pieces for:
Beef for Yakiniku
Beef for Shabu-Shabu
Beef for Stir-Fry
Follow Steps 1—4 and slice across the grain into 1/4 inch for:
Beef for Shreds
How to prepare:
1. Start with the bottom sirloin tri-tip. This muscle is easy to clean.
2. Use smooth knife strokes to denude. You may be able to use the pull and seam method.
Merchandise whole as a grilling roast.
3. The tri-tip has long, distinct fibers. Identify the direction of the muscle fiber.
4. To maximaze steak yield, rotate the muscle and cut across the grain. Watch the muscle fiber direction.
5. Cut steaks 3/4 to 1 inch thick or cut into 1 1/2-inch-cubes for kabobs.
6. Tri-tip steaks.