Nutrition information per serving:: 619 Calories; 123.3 kcal Calories from fat; 13.7 g Total Fat; 4.3 g Saturated Fat; 0.2 g Trans Fat; 1.1 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 6.6 g Monounsaturated Fat; 84 mg Cholesterol; 2318 mg Sodium; 93 g Total Carbohydrate; 16.9 g Dietary Fiber; 31.4 g Total Sugars; 39 g Protein; 0 g Added Sugars; 93.1 mg Calcium; 7.1 mg Iron; 1970 mg Potassium; 0 mcg Vitamin D; 0.4 mg Riboflavin; 8.2 mg NE Niacin; 1.2 mg Vitamin B6; 2.8 mcg Vitamin B12; 448 mg Phosphorus; 8 mg Zinc; 25.9 mcg Selenium; 160.5 mg Choline;
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 cloves garlic, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives with pimentos
- 1 teaspoon coriander and annatto seasoning mix
- 4 unripe plantains, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup canned French fried onions (optional)
- Lime wedges
- chopped cilantro
- French fried onions (optional)
1. Combine onion, pepper, cilantro and 2 garlic cloves in food processor container. Cover; process until finely chopped.
2. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef and vegetable mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings, as necessary. Stir in beans, tomatoes, olives and seasoning mix; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, place plantains, remaining 4 cloves garlic and salt in large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 35 to 40 minutes or until plantains are very tender. Remove from heat; drain, reserving cooking liquid. Mash plantains and garlic, adding cooking liquid as needed to create a soft, chunky texture. Just before serving, stir in French fried onions, if desired.
4. Divide plantain mixture evenly onto four plates; top evenly with beef mixture. Garnish with Toppings, if desired.
Source: beeflovingtexans.comOther recipes