Nutrition information per serving: 584 Calories; 234 kcal Calories from fat; 26 g Total Fat; 10 g Saturated Fat; 6 g Monounsaturated Fat; 91 mg Cholesterol; 978 mg Sodium; 51 g Total Carbohydrate; 2.9 g Dietary Fiber; 36 g Protein; 4.6 mg Iron; 6.8 mg Niacin; 0.4 mg Vitamin B6; 2.3 mcg Vitamin B12; 5.4 mg Zinc; 18.2 mcg Selenium; 77.2 mg Choline;
- 1 recipe German-Style Beef Sausage
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 4 teaspoons German-style coarse grain mustard
- 4 pretzel rolls, split, warmed
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon caraway seed
Source: beeflovingtexans.comOther recipes
- Combine Sauerkraut ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cover and cook 8 to 11 minutes or until cabbage is tender, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare German-Style Beef Sausage. During last 1 to 2 minutes of cooking, top burgers with cheese.
- German-Style Beef Sausage, combine 1 pound Ground Beef (93% or leaner), 1/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk, 2 cloves minced garlic, 1 teaspoon ground mace, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon each ground coriander and ground allspice in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape sausage mixture into four 1/2-inch patties. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add patties; cook 10 to 12 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- Spread mustard on bottom of rolls; top with burgers and evenly with Sauerkraut. Close sandwiches.