Nutrition information per serving: 475 Calories; 117 kcal Calories from fat; 13 g Total Fat; 4.6 g Saturated Fat; 0.4 g Trans Fat; 0.9 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 4.9 g Monounsaturated Fat; 72 mg Cholesterol; 1357 mg Sodium; 68 g Total Carbohydrate; 3.5 g Dietary Fiber; 26 g Protein; 3.5 mg Iron; 815 mg Potassium; 4 mg Niacin; 0.5 mg Vitamin B6; 5.1 mcg Vitamin B12; 8.2 mg Zinc; 34.7 mcg Selenium; 108.5 mg Choline;
1 beef Flat Iron Steak (about 1 pound)
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small cucumber, julienned (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup julienned daikon radish
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Korean red chili sauce (Gochujang)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 head Bibb or Boston lettuce
Torn fresh mint leaves, torn cilantro leaves, fried garlic, chopped peanuts, toasted sesame seeds, lime wedges (optional)
- Combine Pickled Vegetables ingredients in medium bowl; tossing gently to combine. Set aside for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Squeeze vegetables dry; place vegetables in large mixing bowl. Combine Brine ingredients in medium sauce pan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Carefully pour hot brine over vegetables, making sure to cover completely. Refrigerate until cold.
- Filet beef Flat Iron Steak to 1/4 to 1/3 inches thick. Slice beef pieces in half lengthwise; then into 2-inch squares. Combine all Marinade ingredients but onion in food processor base; process until smooth. Place beef, marinade and onion in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Combine Dipping Sauce ingredients in small bowl; mix until thoroughly combined. Cover and set aside.
- Soak 4 bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes; drain. Place two to three slices of onion in center of each piece of beef; roll tightly into a cylinder. Thread beef rolls onto skewers, leaving room between each roll. Place skewers on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 10 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Keep warm.
- Drain Pickled Vegetables; discard liquid and arrange on serving platter. Top with beef rolls. Serve with Dipping Sauce. Garnish with mint, cilantro, garlic, and peanuts, sesame seeds and line, as desired.