Nutrition Information: 458 Calories; 135 kcal Calories from fat; 15 g Total Fat; 6 g Saturated Fat; 7 g Monounsaturated Fat; 72 mg Cholesterol; 886 mg Sodium; 41 g Total Carbohydrate; 2.9 g Dietary Fiber; 38 g Protein; 6 mg Iron; 6.7 mg NE Niacin; 0.4 mg Vitamin B6; 3 mcg Vitamin B12; 7.2 mg Zinc; 47.4 mcg Selenium; 104.5 mg Choline
- 12 ounces cooked beef pot roast or brisket, shredded
- 4 slices crusty bread (about 6 x 3 x 1/2-inch)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 4 slices reduced-fat or regular provolone cheese
- 3/4 cup packed fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place bread slices in single layer on baking sheet. Place bell pepper strips on foil-line baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake bread in 350°F oven 10 to 13 minutes, turning once. Roast peppers 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, place parsley and garlic in food processor or blender container. Cover; process until finely chopped. Add lime juice, oil, and salt; process just until blended.
3. Spread Chimichurri Sauce evenly on one side of each bread slice; top evenly with pot roast and red pepper strips. Top each bread slice with cheese. Place on baking sheet. Bake in 350°F oven 7 to 10 minutes or until beef is heated through and cheese is melted.
Source: beeflovingtexans.comOther recipes