- 600 to 800 grams beef Country Style Ribs (NAMI #116D)
- 1 cup mirin
- 1/2 cup sweet chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
The right balance of sweet and spicy, these Asian beef ribs, using Country Style Ribs, garlic sauce, ginger and honey, will be sure to take your taste buds on a journey.
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Combine mirin, sweet chili garlic sauce, water, agave nectar, brown sugar and ginger in stockpot over medium heat stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves. Place beef ribs in stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly. Continue cooking in 160°C oven 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
2. Remove beef; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook 12 to 15 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half. Stir in lime juice and soy sauce. Return beef to cooking liquid; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
3. Serve ribs with rice and remaining sauce, if desired.
Cook's Tip:Other video recipes
Mirin is a low-alcohol, sweet wine made from glutinous rice and is essential in Japanese cooking. It's available in Japanese markets and the ethnic section of most supermarkets..